Monday, September 22, 2014

Ladies With Fancy Hats

I had a simple plan in mind for this shoot, a grey background, fancy hats, and light that would lend itself well for heavy contrast. I really love working in the studio with artificial light. It might be because I am a bit of a control freak, but I love that if a picture doesn't look quite right, I can move around some lights and get exactly what I imagined. Clean images with heavy contrast are what I'm the most attracted to (and I often edit them to be so), but I also have a deep admiration for photographers who can create images with little contrast as the mid-tones eat their pictures into a wonderful vintage-looking oblivion.

When I asked my sister for her opinion of these images, she told me how the models looked like mysterious ladies in a film noir. Let me know what you think and enjoy the images!







1 comment: