Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Fashion "Texture"

A few weeks ago I was given the assignment to show texture in clothing by lighting in a studio setting. I used to (a few months ago) be terrified of using strobes in the studio, I would just use natural light whenever I had an assignment. However, I quickly realized I was never going to create the type of images I wanted unless I tackled my fear and learned how to light in a studio.

I still don't know as much as I should about the technical aspects of lighting, but I have experimented a lot and I don't get nearly as anxious when I walk into the studio. I now know where to place lights to get a certain look and I can use a light meter without becoming frustrated. It becomes easier with every shoot! This weekend I'm hoping to use a beauty dish for the first time, which I'm really excited about!

Here are my favorite pictures of Skye from my "texture" shoot. Skye was incredibly nice and she was very willing to do anything I asked her (like jumping a million times! I love models who will continuously jump!), she really knew her angles, which makes my life a lot easier.





No comments:

Post a Comment